Thursday, April 26, 2007

1940's

War is an inevitable factor through out history. I don’t think there has been a single second of human existence when there wasn’t at least one warring country. If war is such a bad thing, why hasn’t humankind come to the consensus that war is unnecessary? Is war necessary?

In an idealistic society, everyone would sit down and talk out their issues. However, we all know that this will never happen. Personally, I do not think war is necessary. I feel that there are better ways to solve problems than killing one another. However, war is inevitable. There will always be someone who will try to start a fight. I feel that it would take a catastrophic event for the world to realize that war is unnecessary, an event so catastrophic that it’ll be too late for compromise.

Currently, America is at war with Iraq. The war in Iraq is extremely confusing, convoluted by bias media and conspiracy theories. I personally don’t know what information is fact and what is simply conspiracy, but from the knowledge I’ve accumulated, I have come to a conclusion. The Iraq War is messed up. Although I support the troops at war for fighting for our country, why the hell are they over there? Is it truly to “liberate” the Iraqi people? And aren’t we fighting in the midst of an Iraqi civil war? Bush messed up, but he doesn’t want to admit it. He has no “exit” plan, and it’s a shame that it has taken so long for the American people to realize he’s a complete idiot.

No comments: